"Just like children, pets should be protected from electrical hazards around the household. This is particularly important with young animals such as kitten's and puppies that are insatiably curious and inclined to chew anything they can get in their mouths. Small mammals with continuously growing teeth - such as rabbits - also enjoy gnawing on things and even some birds, such as parrots, can be a danger to themselves and others as they use their powerful beaks to rip electrical components apart.Electrical shock is a serious emergency and any animal that has suffered a shock must be rushed to the veterinarian immediately. Symptoms include burns, difficulty breathing, abnormal heart rhythm and loss of consciousness - all of which if left untreated could result in death. Secure all loose electrical cords.
Dangling pieces may tempt young animals to pounce on them or present a choking hazard. Tape any slack to the wall or tuck them out of sight behind appliances.If a portion of cords have to remain in sight, block access to them by wrapping flexible safety cable (from hardware stores) around them or encasing them in plastic tubing (PVC pipe) if possible. Some places sell ""pet-proof' cords which will protect an animal from shock if it does chew on the cord.If your pet shows interest in the cords, coat them with a bitter substance or pet deterrent to discourage chewing.Ideally, unplug all accessible electrical cords if you have to leave a young animal unsupervised.Be particularly vigilant during holidays (e.g. Christmas) as the novel presence of decoration's and electrical wiring can spell disaster for pets.Check any wiring frequently for fraying and replace immediately.Make sure any plugs are fully plugged into the socket - a partially exposed prong can be dangerous to a curious paw or nose.
Canada Goose down coat
goose down jacket for men